How To Use a Jump Starter Pack
Author: JRAutofix Date Posted:29 August 2019
Jump starter power pack are very convenient tools to have as they provide an easy way to restart a car which has a defective battery or if you have left your vehicle forgetting that its lights were still on !
They also are a power source for electronic devices like your phone, Ipad and powertools and Laptop.
But they are a must have emergency tool to have in your car.
Easy to use with many features as :
- Led light
- 12Volt power outlet
- Battery charger
But in order to effectively and safely use a Jump Starter and get the longest life out of it, here are some easy tips to follow:
- Charging : Keep the power jump starter charge level up. Also when you buy a new jump starter the initial charge is normally 24 hours (important to check this requirement with the manufacturer manual).
Once you used it you should put it back on charge to have it ready if you need it again but also to keep it in good condition. Battery don’t last as long if they stay with a low charge for long period of time.
- Check that your jump starter is ready. On the front panel you can check the gauge which should give you the charge in % or the voltage.
- Make sure your vehicles lights, a/c, stereo, cigarette port, and anything else consuming any type of power from your battery is off.
- Position your jump starter securely in the engine bay, ensuring that the cables can reach the battery terminals and that nothing will fall or get caught in moving parts.
- Connection, while the jump starter in the “OFF” position you can connect it to the battery.
- Connect the positive jump starter cable to the positive terminal on the battery.
- Connect the negative jump starter cable to the engine block or another good ground location.
- Turn your jump starter to “ON” and check that there is no alarm on your jump starter.
- Now you can start your car as normal, once the engine start leave your jump starter on for a few minute to allow it to recharge. If the engine didn’t restart after 3 attempt it’s better to wait a few minute before trying again and avoid lowering the voltage too much of your jump starter.
- Disconnecting, switch the jump starter “off” and disconnect:
- The negative jump starter cable to the engine block or another good ground location.
- The positive jump starter cable to the positive terminal on the battery.
- Recharge your jump starter to have it ready if you need it again and also to keep it in good condition.
If you still have problem starting your car you can also check the following article: How-to-test-your-car-electrical
Want to receive our 100% FREE Ebook: "7 Mistakes To Avoid When Using a Jump Starter"